276. Although random sampling used for many surveys fails to cover large segments of the population , the procedure nonetheless offers insight into voting and consumption patterns .
277. The need for more government services has proved to be the case time and again .
278. The funny thing about marriage is that the newness soon wears off .
279. There are instances when one must abandon the tendency for self-prevention in order to assist a person in grave
280. There are situations in which it's highly advisable for a person to control his/her temper and keep his/her mouth shut . 有些情况下，一个人控制住自己的脾气并保持沉默是明智的。
281. Gone are the days when Chinese people could expect cradle to death support from the government .
282. The days when one could safely walk city streets at night are gone .
283. China's population almost doubled to 1.2 billion people during the 1955-1995 , according to the National Census Bureau .
284. A report by the Department of Education estimates that the student-teacher ratio in China is four times higher than in the United States .